PTSO donors and parents or guardians are welcome to attend and contribute to our Spring Mini-Grant review process to support teachers and students at Monarch.
Date: Wednesday, April 25th
Time: 1 PM – 2:30 PM
Location: Administrative Conference Room
Our board is expecting several wonderful grant applications from a variety of teachers and departments. We will be reviewing and weighing the requests against our budget. Last fall we funded $6,000 in requests as follows:
• Little Rock Nine Foundation speaker, Carlotta Lanier, addressed the Juniors in US History on February 28th.
• Surface Pro Tablet to create flipped classrooms for AP and Advanced Chemistry.
• Funding towards a “book tasting restaurant” for students in Language Arts and Social Studies.
• iPods for all World Languages to aid in preparation for the AP exams.
• Movement Lab and Obstacle Course for the Adaptive PE students.
• Robotics class tools including an electrical motor, micro-controller, and joystick.
• 3D Glasses used in the library allowing classes to take virtual field trips.
• Wacom wireless tablet with pen for use in Math to present problems interactively.
• Respiratory Spirometers for use in Biology and Anatomy classes.
• ILC classroom items to create a space for students challenged by sensory input.
• iPads for use by Science and Art for digital lab stations and image research/design.
• Spanish Novels and Games for use in the classroom for free reading and creativity.
• Molecular Modeling Kits to demonstrate chemical bonding in Physical Science classes.
• Publication of the school literary magazine.
• Both MoVibe and After Prom support.
• Support and celebration of staff during Staff Appreciation Week with food, treats, and gift cards.
• Staff Appreciation meals during Parent/Teacher conferences.
You’re welcome to come and help the committee make decisions. We will meet in the conference room next to the Administrative Offices. Please send us an email if you’d like to attend. Hope to see you there!
Cory Nickerson and Lynne Wexler