During the fall semester, your donations through the Farmers Market, Sport Clips, various corporate gifts, and our annual Coyote Canvas letter writing drive provided the funding for the Fall Mini-Grants Program. Thank you so much to all of our 2017 donors who helped us to raise the funds to support a variety of grants which are being funded now for use during the second semester.
On December 4th, the PTSO Board met to review a record number of grant applications from 18 staff members. In total, there was over $15,000 in requests of which the PTSO was able to fund $6,000 from our fall budget. These grants included:
– Math and Science tutors from University of Colorado who will provide one on one tutoring open to all students.
– Motivational speaker, Carlotta Lanier, one of the Little Rock Nine who will present to Social Studies students about the Civil Rights era in the United States
– New books for the MHS Library, French, and Language Arts classes
– 12 respiratory spirometers and molecular modeling kits for the science classrooms
– Publication of the MoHi Literary Magazine
– Smart technology (Wacom Tablet) to improve instruction for Math classes
– Upgraded technology, equipment, and resources for the Robotics Program
If funding is available, there will be another round of mini-grants considered in the Spring. The PTSO hopes to fund some of the additional teacher requests in the next funding round.
PTSO Mini Grant Coordinator