It’s almost time for Final Exams which will begin the week of December 17. A schedule is attached for your convenience Monarch High School Final Exams – Dec 2018.pdf
The Monarch Robotics Team won 1st place out of 27 teams at the Rocky Mountain BEST Robotics Competition last Saturday at Metro State University. This is the first time the school has won this competition and the team will compete in the regional competition in December against schools from across the country.
Congratulations to the Monarch Coyote Marching Band for a strong 5th place finish at State Competition at the Air Force Academy last Saturday. Everyone worked to overcome less than ideal conditions in the wind and snow and made it happen. Thanks to our drum majors Thomas Klenk and Kate McCormick, our director, Mr. Chuck Stephen, and all of the staff, students, parents, and volunteers who made this such a great season.
Happy November! It has been a great month for PEN. We kicked off our adolescent series and provided a number of other programs to support parents in raising healthy, happy youth.
As the school year progresses, most families are deep into their routines. Activities, homework, and work schedules are ever present and sometimes we have to make time to come up for air. This is necessary for both self care and relationship building. Click on this link to read the blog: 5 Ways to Build a Strong Relationship with Your Child.
Check out November events HERE.
Monarch PEN Liaison
Monarch After Prom is a volunteer supported and community sponsored evening of fun immediately following prom. The event is attended by more than 600 Monarch High School students and their dates.
The Monarch After Prom Committee is group of parents who plan and host this fun, substance-free event each year — our goal is to our keep kids safe and provide exciting activities, food and prizes.
We are looking for a couple of additional volunteers to join the team. We have openings for
- Someone interested in creating a variety of graphics to promote the event as well as signage for the night
- Someone to join the fundraising team — we have two on the team and would like a third to support this key area
Being part of the committee is a great way to meet fellow parents. We encourage parents of freshmen and sophomore students to join and learn the ropes!
The Unified Basketball season was amazing!
All players worked very hard and showed great sportsmanship during the season.
Congratulations to the following players: Alya Goodman, Berit Chevalier, Ryan Danekind, Laura Minter, Tim Conroy, Annabella Callipari, Reilly Vanderveer, Madison Anderson, Maggie Pieper, Nicole Reading, Erin Stricker, Cadence Taht, Thomas Volpe, Hayden Spracklin, Kendall Magness, Matteo Germain, Jasmine Floyd, Croix Cope, and Kami Terch.
Thanks for a great season!
Please click HERE for the second semester finals schedule.
ExperiMac is offering the Monarch community 20% off iPhone repair, plus a 20% cash donation to Monarch PTSO!
- Mention Monarch High School at the time of service
- Save 20% on your bill
- Experimac will donate an additional 20% of the original repair cost back to Monarch’s PTSO!
Experimac is located in Boulder and would much rather give back to the community than spend money on advertising.
Open 7 Days a week!
Mon-Sat 10:00AM – 7:00PM
Sun 10:00AM – 5:00PM
While Experimac is not an authorized dealer for any computer or device manufacturer, it offers a 1 year repair / replace warranty on all of the products it sells.
PTSO Fundraising Chair
PTSO donors and parents or guardians are welcome to attend and contribute to our Spring Mini-Grant review process to support teachers and students at Monarch.
Date: Wednesday, April 25th
Time: 1 PM – 2:30 PM
Location: Administrative Conference Room
Our board is expecting several wonderful grant applications from a variety of teachers and departments. We will be reviewing and weighing the requests against our budget. Last fall we funded $6,000 in requests as follows:
• Little Rock Nine Foundation speaker, Carlotta Lanier, addressed the Juniors in US History on February 28th.
• Surface Pro Tablet to create flipped classrooms for AP and Advanced Chemistry.
• Funding towards a “book tasting restaurant” for students in Language Arts and Social Studies.
• iPods for all World Languages to aid in preparation for the AP exams.
• Movement Lab and Obstacle Course for the Adaptive PE students.
• Robotics class tools including an electrical motor, micro-controller, and joystick.
• 3D Glasses used in the library allowing classes to take virtual field trips.
• Wacom wireless tablet with pen for use in Math to present problems interactively.
• Respiratory Spirometers for use in Biology and Anatomy classes.
• ILC classroom items to create a space for students challenged by sensory input.
• iPads for use by Science and Art for digital lab stations and image research/design.
• Spanish Novels and Games for use in the classroom for free reading and creativity.
• Molecular Modeling Kits to demonstrate chemical bonding in Physical Science classes.
• Publication of the school literary magazine.
• Both MoVibe and After Prom support.
• Support and celebration of staff during Staff Appreciation Week with food, treats, and gift cards.
• Staff Appreciation meals during Parent/Teacher conferences.
You’re welcome to come and help the committee make decisions. We will meet in the conference room next to the Administrative Offices. Please send us an email if you’d like to attend. Hope to see you there!
Cory Nickerson and Lynne Wexler
There will be some changes to the schedule during the second week in April to accommodate state testing including one day that each grade level will not have classes.
Please click HERE to see the upcoming standardized testing schedule.