On behalf of the PTSO, we would like to thank all of our donors for their generosity this year. Every dollar donated goes directly to our school to support our students and staff.
In late April, the spring mini-grant committee met to disburse the remainder of our funds for the year. We received eighteen requests from teachers and staff for just over $10,000 in mini grants. With a budget of $6,000 for the Spring Semester Mini-Grants, the committee had to be make some difficult decisions.
In the end, a variety of great programs were funded including:
- Breakout Boxes which merge literacy goals and technology for Science, Special Education, and World Languages.
- iPods and Microphones to support Speaking and Listening Skills in Spanish, German and French Departments.
- Spanish Books and Games for a more interactive, fun language curriculum.
- Publishing costs for the Writer’s Society Literary Magazine.
- Lighting Enhancements and Technology Support for the Science Department.
- Digital Lab Stations for Art, Art History, and Science Classrooms.
- A Sensory Space for Special Education students.
- An American Ninja Warrior Obstacle Course for the Adaptive PE Program.
Thanks again for providing the extras that make Monarch such an exceptional school for our students.
Cory Nickerson and Lynne Wexler