Parent Teacher Student Organization (PTSO) connects parents, teachers, and students to enhance the learning environment. There are opportunities to help with volunteers, staff appreciation, the monthly newsletter, and much, much more. The general areas in which the PTSO could use help include the following:
- Coyote Canvass: Help with the direct mailing asking parents to contribute financially to the PTSO. Once a year.
- Fiscal Enrichment: Provide support to the Fiscal Enrichment Chair in his/her fundraising efforts.
- General Volunteer: Help the Volunteer Chair collect, organize, and keep records of all people who have volunteered to help for a certain task or any task. Ensure that volunteer data is recorded and available to all groups within the school who depend on volunteers. Send out requests for volunteers at various times throughout the year.
- Social Events: Help plan, organize, and staff, and execute various social events and staff appreciation activities that the PTSO holds throughout the year.
- Landscaping: Help with efforts to improve the school environment.
Occasional & One-Time Activities
- Back-to-school check-in/sports registration help needed in August to assist students with check-in process.
- Process textbooks (stamp and number) in August.
- Vision & hearing screening
- MoHi 360 Parent Leaders are a resource for parents new to the school. Parents may call or email with questions about the school. We would love to have you join us at the evening orientation for new families in August.
- Help with a teacher/school project – help with the science symposium, inventory library books, hang student artwork… We will let you know when projects arise – you let us know if you can help.
- Help World Language teachers during oral assessments. Our language teachers need individuals to watch class while they work with students one-on-one and individuals to proctor during final exams.
- Dance Chaperone for Club Mo, Homecoming or Winter Ball. Help staff the coat check or supervise the front entrance, hallways, or dance area. Short shifts.
- Refreshments: Help supply refreshments for a school event, such as parent/teacher conferences or teacher appreciation. Coordinators needed. Security screening is not required to donate food.
- End-of-Year Barbeque: Parents grill, roam the grounds, and handle check-in. Short shifts.
- Senior Picnic: Following graduation rehearsal. Help our counseling department host this annual event.
Monarch depends on parents to fill critical needs every school day. Take a weekly or bi-weekly shift or help with a specific project. These are some of our greatest needs:
- Copy Room: Teachers depend on volunteersto copy classroom materials. This is a great place to meet our teachers. Morning and afternoon shifts.
- Greeters: welcome visitors to our school and assist with a variety of tasks. Two-hour shifts. With your help, we can cover the Greeters desk five days a week.
- Health Room: We welcome whatever help you can offer – clerical support in the beginning of the school year or work directly with students on an on-going basis.The district provides first-aid training for those interested in working with students. Volunteers do not dispense medication or deal with emergencies.
- Library/Media Center: Greet the many students that use our facility, check books in/out, and re-shelve books. Help with inventory and special projects.
- Post Graduate Center: This resource room is open to students and parents throughout the day. Volunteers assist students with the college-search process, applications and scholarships, as well as working on independent projects. Weekly 2.5 hour shifts.
- Website support: The school website is a critical resource for all of us. Some teachers/departments need help developing or updating their web pages. If you have a little bit of time and know-how, we will connect you with someone in need of help.
For more information or to volunteer, please contact the Anita Harrington, PTSO Volunteer Coordinator, at email@example.com.